What is an Exercise Physiologist?
Accredited Exercise Physiologists (AEPs) AEPs are university qualified allied health professionals equipped with the knowledge, skills and competencies to design, deliver and evaluate safe and effective exercise interventions for people with acute, sub-acute or chronic medical conditions or injuries.
any.BODY Pilates & Exercise Physiology owner has gained AEP accreditation with ESSA (Exercise & Sports Science Australia) and met the following criteria:
- Graduate from 4 years of study in an ESSA accredited course meeting the AQF requirements: Queensland University of Technology Clinical Exercise Physiology
- 140 hours of practical experience for the purpose of undertaking an exercise intervention to improve health and fitness, wellbeing or performance, or focus on prevention of chronic conditions
- Meet the professional standards for exercise physiology, including 360 hours of practical experience with clients with clinical conditions (eg. cardiovascular, pulmonary, metabolic, musculoskeletal, neurological)
Elle continually seeks to improve her clinical skills by:
- holding a valid first aid and CPR certificate
- holding appropriate professional indemnity insurance
- Completing an annual continuing professional program comprising 20 points per annum
- Uphold the ESSA Code of Professional Conduct and Ethical Practice
- Partaking in continued education | Clinical Pilates Programs | ESSA Professional Development
Workcover and Insurance Claims
At any.BODY Pilates & Exercise Physiology Elle can assist you in specializing a program and providing supervision for physical rehabilitation programs that can assist you in overcoming work-related injuries.
The aim is to get you back to your full functioning self as soon as possible and able to return to work and normal activities. Elle works closely with work cover case managers and GP's to ensure you receive the best possible care. As an Accredited Exercise Physiologist Elle specializes in rehabilitation and provides the greatest of care and outcomes for each individual.
Initial Consultations are claimable on Medicare or Private Health with a GP Referral (For Medicare Rebates) for a chronic or sub-acute condition. They provide Elle with the information she needs to ensure you are able to rehabilitate any current musculoskeletal issue.
Initial Consultations comprise of the following:
- Full Medical History
- Communication with any medical professionals that have catered to your physical needs
- Goal Setting
- Pre Assessments to determine strength, balance, flexibility and muscular imbalances prior to starting a Pilates routine
- Reviews are set in place to ensure you are meeting your goals and progressing
- Clinical Pilates Assessment
- Postural Assessment
- Education & Resources
Private & Semi Private
Clinical Reformer Pilates
Private & Semi Private Sessions are a great way to learn more about your body with special hands on attention to ensure proper technique. These sessions are great for beginners who are concerned about joining a group based exercise class. These sessions are directly claimable to your private health and any.BODY Pilates & Exercise Physiology has a HICAPS terminal onsite allowing you to only pay the gap.
Exercise should not be intimidating, and you should be able to monitor progress regardless of any ailments that might hinder you. any.BODY Pilates & Exercise Physiology provides musculoskeletal rehabilitation for chronic aches and pains giving you the tools to become stronger and fitter version of yourself.